Never have I heard of purple cauliflower until I visited my sweet little farmer’s market last weekend, and I could not resist this beautiful vegetable. I looked up a few recipes and how to cook them and decided on the perfect warm bowl for cooler days. Something I learned about purple cauliflower vs. regular cauliflower is that purple goes exceptionally well with citrus flavor and the internet wasn’t lying on this one! Keep reading for a delicious, super easy and healthy dinner or lunch idea.
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 can of Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Citrus dressing (I used an Organic Citrus Chipotle Vinaigrette)
- Cook quinoa as instructed
- Heat oven to 350
- Cut purple cauliflower and broccoli into florets, add to a baking tray, drizzle veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook veggies for 15 min, stir/flip on baking sheet and cook for another 10 min or until fork tender and golden brown
- Once veggies are cooked, squeeze some lemon juice over them
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and set aside.
- Add quinoa to a bowl and top with your veggies and chickpeas. Drizzle your favorite citrus dressing and more lemon/other seasoning if desired
- Enjoy. 🙂
390 Cal | 49g Carbs | 14g Fat | 16g Protein