Welp. Today was my last official first day of college. I have been feeling so many emotions, but excitement is definitely one of them. I will hopefully attend a marvelous graduate program and move on to bigger and better opportunities.
I have no idea what got me through college (still being sane), but I wanted to share some tips for anyone who might be feeling a bit overwhelmed.
- Manage your time. College is stressful, but time management is key to stay successful. Plan out your days for studies, work, fun, and most importantly – days to yourself.
- Have fun. Not only am I starting my last semester, I also just went through my last sorority recruitment. Freshman fall semester is going to be the best semester of your college career so don’t miss out on any events that strike your interest.
- Be a nice person. Also being apart of a sorority, you’ll come across some real b*tches, but don’t let that discourage you from being a kind human being (its super easy, I promise). Incoming freshmen will be scared, confused, and lost. Help someone get to their class or offer directions. You’ll most likely feel better about yourself.
- Join a club. Now I know what you’re thinking. “Clubs are too much time and effort.” Well, I’m not disagreeing with you, but I promise there are organizations on your campus that don’t require a lot of time or effort. Plus would you rather an empty resume with no college activities? Didn’t think so.
- Find your inner circle. Last, but not least, find a group of people that will motivate you to be your best self. A friend group that lifts you up, helps you study, and is always there for you. I know my group is one of a kind.
College is a stressful but fun four years of your life. Make the best of it and never miss out on an opportunity. I’ll give an update on my sanity at the end of the semester. Stay tuned.
Great post, good luck for your senior year (aah) ! I’m new to blogging, would love if you wanted to check out my site! x
LikeLiked by 1 person